[mythtv-users] Secrets for low powered front ends ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 03:37:04 UTC 2011

So... I've got this Dell Duo, running f15 that I'd like to run the Myth
front end on.

The specs are here;
http://www.dell.com/ca/p/inspiron-duo/pd?ST=dell%20duo&dgc=ST&cid=3852,3852&lid=1619346

Its got an N550 processor, which is faster than the N510 I'm runnning on my
Eee Box PCs,  but it has an Intel N10 video "card" instead of the ION2 in
the Eees.

I haven't tested it much, but it positively chokes on the live TV stream
coming off the HD-PVR with the default settings.

My DUO sucked running Windows.  It was unbearable.  Its pretty snappy with
F15, but maybe the Myth FE just plain out requires too much video processing
power ?????

Any ideas on how to make it work  ?

Thanks