[mythtv-users] Playing DVDs from the backend optical drive on a frontend device ?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Oct 9 10:17:49 UTC 2011

On 08/10/11 18:10, linux guy wrote:

> I'd like something where the user (ie my wife, friends, etc) pop a disk in
> the server drive and then start watching it without having to know VLC,
> server:5100/title0.ts, etc.

Of course, a lot of us have our servers out of the way to address problems such
as heat, noise and access to antenna/cable feeds.

I wouldn't want my family to go hunting in a cupboard or in the garage or
basement just to load a DVD. I especially wouldn't want them anywhere near a
*server*.

It wouldn't make logical sense to them, anyway. The box in the lounge is the one
that they point the remote at, right? That's the one they'll want to poke the
DVD in.

--

Mike Perkins