[mythtv-users] how to apply mythtv patch?

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 14:46:59 UTC 2011

> patch -Np2 -i mythplayer.patch
>
> from inside the mythtv directory (for that one, specifically).  However,
> I'll see if I can get that one pushed to master and backported to -fixes
> really soon.  We've just been waiting on a dev who was moving to be able
> to look it over.
>
> Mike

ok, i'm at a loss here.. where is the mythtv directory?
i've done a locate on a few mythtv excutables (mythfilldatabase,
mythtv-setup and mythfrontend.real) and cd'd into each directory.
i've even done a 'locate mythplayer.*', but no returns.

the 'patch -Np2 -i mythplayer.patch' command is failing with the following:

myth at mythtv:/usr/bin$ patch -Np2 -i
mythplayer.patch
patching file libs/libmythtv/mythplayer.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 4059.
patch: **** Can't create file libs/libmythtv/mythplayer.cpp.orig : No such
file or directory

where in the file structure am i actually ment to be to applying this?