[mythtv-users] how to apply mythtv patch?

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 14:52:46 UTC 2011

On 9 October 2011 15:48, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 10/09/2011 10:46 AM, Tim Draper wrote:
> >> patch -Np2 -i mythplayer.patch
> >>
> >> from inside the mythtv directory (for that one, specifically).  However,
> >> I'll see if I can get that one pushed to master and backported to -fixes
> >> really soon.  We've just been waiting on a dev who was moving to be able
> >> to look it over.
> >>
> >> Mike
> >>
> > ok, i'm at a loss here.. where is the mythtv directory?
> > i've done a locate on a few mythtv excutables (mythfilldatabase,
> > mythtv-setup and mythfrontend.real) and cd'd into each directory.
> > i've even done a 'locate mythplayer.*', but no returns.
> >
> > the 'patch -Np2 -i mythplayer.patch' command is failing with the
> following:
> >
> > myth at mythtv:/usr/bin$ patch -Np2 -i
> > mythplayer.patch
> > patching file libs/libmythtv/mythplayer.cpp
> > Hunk #1 FAILED at 4059.
> > patch: **** Can't create file libs/libmythtv/mythplayer.cpp.orig : No
> such
> > file or directory
> >

> > where in the file structure am i actually ment to be to applying this?
>
> That would be the mythtv directory in the source code repo you're using
> to build mythtv.  It will be in, soon, though--and so it should hit the
> Mythbuntu daily builds tomorrow, I'd guess.

i'll leave it till it's been merged in and try a mythbuntu update later in
the week. being mythbuntu, i dont know where anything is - it pretty much
just works so i dont get involved with the installation much - i'm still
somewhat unfamiliar with linux file systems and methods - learning slowly
though!