[mythtv-users] HDMI-CEC ?

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Sun Oct 9 19:28:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 16:31 +0100, Simon Hobson wrote:
> But I bet it works flawlessly with Sony TVs etc. As suggested, it
> will all be deliberately "standard enough to use the name,
> non-standard enough to create lock-in" so that things only work
> properly if you use kit from the same manufacturer.

Not that I like taking sides with Sony, but for the record; the
(recently-purchased, DVB-T2-capable) Sony TV that SWMBO owns is actually
happy to control my old Toshiba HD-DVD player.

I could dig out all the model numbers if anyone really cares, but
suffice it to say that's it not total lock-in in every case.

<on-topic>Definitely looking forward to see if this CEC-to-USB 'dongle'
works!</on-topic>.

Tom