[mythtv-users] Big Myth system (2-3 satellite receivers + capture devices, 5 tvs, Samsung DLNA) ?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 23:46:12 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 9:17 PM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> As to scheduling, browsing etc. I find the mythfrontend very clunky
>>> (more an issue of the remote and TV limitations than any UI failure)
>>> and use mythweb almost exclusively for recordings management, it works
>>> very nicely on a tablet and also you can browse what to watch next,
>>> schedule shows mentioned during programming without interrupting the
>>> current playback.
>>
>> That has me drooling.   Our house is a bit large and the audio system is
>> going to be controlled via tablets. As is some of the lighting system.
>>
>> Using a tablet to control Myth is no big deal for us.
>
> I suggest you have a look at Linuxmce as well. It uses MythTV for the
> DVR functionality and has full home automation built in including the
> concept of "scenes" where if you start video playback it will close
> the curtains and dim the lights automatically...

Last time I looked at linuxmce it's included mythtv was way behind the
current mythtv official releases. Is that still the case? Given the
amount of general playback and other fixes in recent releases, I'd
hesitate to suggest anyone ever went backwards in version numbers.