[mythtv-users] Using Autotranscode to remove commercials

Christian Arnaut n8tgc at msn.com
Mon Oct 10 01:14:20 UTC 2011

Is it possible to have the "autotranscode" feature remove commercials during
a lossless transcode? I already have four user-jobs defined, so I was hoping
to have the autotranscode function accomplish this. However,  where have
"lossless transcodes" enabled under the frontend config, I see no option to
include the -honorcutlist switch. When I run jobs now, my MPEG2 files are
transcoded to MPEG and the commercials are still  there. I see files go from
5.7 GB to 5.6 GB. Not exactly the results I am looking for.

So, is it possible on the backend configuration to define the transcode
command as "mythtranscode -honorcutlist" instead of the default of
"mythtranscode"? I get the feeling I am real close and that somewhere the
-honorcutlist switch needs to be defined. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you in advance!

~Christian