[mythtv-users] Using Autotranscode to remove commercials

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Mon Oct 10 02:02:21 UTC 2011

On Sunday, October 09, 2011 9:14 PM, "Christian Arnaut"
<n8tgc at msn.com> wrote:

Is it possible to have the “autotranscode” feature remove
commercials during a lossless transcode? I already have four
user-jobs defined, so I was hoping to have the autotranscode
function accomplish this. However,  where have “lossless
transcodes” enabled under the frontend config, I see no option to
include the –honorcutlist switch. When I run jobs now, my MPEG2
files are transcoded to MPEG and the commercials are still
there. I see files go from 5.7 GB to 5.6 GB. Not exactly the
results I am looking for…

So, is it possible on the backend configuration to define the
transcode command as “mythtranscode –honorcutlist” instead of the
default of “mythtranscode”? I get the feeling I am real close and
that somewhere the –honorcutlist switch needs to be defined.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

What I did was just made a user defined job - that is what they
are there for:
Made a script, then passed this along in the script:
MYTHDIR=$1
MPGFILE=$2
CHANLID=$3
STRTTIM=$4
mythcommflag --chanid $CHANLID --starttime $STRTTIM --gencutlist
mythtranscode --chanid $CHANLID --starttime $STRTTIM --mpeg2
--honorcutlist --outfile $MYTHDIR/$MPGFILE.tmp
mv -f $MYTHDIR/$MPGFILE.tmp /$MYTHDIR/$MPGFILE
rm -f $MYTHDIR/$MPGFILE.tmp.map

That was it! :)
-