[mythtv-users] Big Myth system (2-3 satellite receivers + capture devices, 5 tvs, Samsung DLNA) ?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Oct 9 20:07:54 UTC 2011

linux guy wrote:

>I checked into this.  Any system using the Motorola HDPVR 630 needs
>2 satellite feeds to run all the channels on the receiver.  You
>cannot use a switch or a splitter.
>If you run 1 feed to this receiver, you will not get all the
>channels.  Ditto for the older 530.

Are you sure you have that right ?

It would be VERY unusual for a satellite tuner not to be able to
access all channels on one tuner, plus all channels on another tuner
if it had more than one tuner.

Normally each tuner input will select on of four combinations of band
and polarisation from the LNB (or multiswitch in larger systems). I
can't think of any reason a manufacturer would depart from this
unless they had 4 inputs and could fix each one on one of the four
combinations.

--
Simon Hobson