[mythtv-users] "mythtranscode --mpeg2" and Vertical Purple Lines

Dave Sp davespmyth at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 10:11:36 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 6:08 PM, James MacKenzie <mst3000 at newsguy.com> wrote:

> Have you tried playing the file on another device?
> The reason I ask is that I had an issue with vertical purple lines on
> playback of mpeg2 on anything 1280x720 or 1920x1080 at one point.  I had to
> adjust my playback profile and then everything played fine.
>
> Not sure it is your problem, but thought I'd mention it.  If you aren't
> normally playing things in mpeg2 this might be your issue.

The output from "mythtranscode --mpeg ..." has those purple vertical lines
when played in mythvideo, mplayer, and even vlc.

I re-ran "mythtranscode --mpeg ..." with "-v all".  It seems the purple
lines coincide with the debug lines "Inserting 0 I-Frames after #....".

Is inserting "0" I-frames causing the glitches?

--Dave