[mythtv-users] Extending recording and offsetting following recordings

Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Oct 10 13:25:04 UTC 2011

Sent from my iPhone

On 2011-10-10, at 8:16, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 10/10/2011 07:29, Brent Bolin wrote:
>> Is there any kind of option to handle this?
>
> Nope.

Wrong. In the Recording Options for each show under 'Scheduling Options' (second line down) you can set Start Early and End Late settings.
But you will have to do it for each affected show.

I was actually (half) watching the Jets v. Patriots game yesterday and when it ran a half hour over and they started '60 Minutes' from the beginning I went in and added 45 minutes ( to be safe) to the End Late for The Good Wife and then to CSI. This used two tuners as they now overlapped, and I had to push Masterpiece Mystery to a later showing.

Irritating to have to go into individual show options, but doable. I do not kmow if that will affect my general recording rules for these shows (don't think so). You may find that you cannot do it without removing a show due to tuner conflicts. I was able to reschedule which was lucky.

The REAL killer is that there is no way to know that this will happen. I was lucky enough to have the game showing and kept it on, since it was a tight game to the end. That does not often happen on a Sunday for me.
Geoff