[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase is REALLY slow.

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 19:33:45 UTC 2011

so how much tuning should we be doing?

upto now, theres been a number of sugestions - sql tweaks, 3 or 4 fstab
options. obviously they'll all help to varying degrees.
would anyone be able to write up a wiki page?

i'm somewhat still confused to the best solution for my installation and to
make matters worse, i still dont fully know where mythtv/mythbuntu keeps
files, so what one person has on their setup would likely be different for
me. even between distros too. for me it is actually straight forward, i only
have 2 partitions - swap and /, so i know everything needs to be done on /.

i've applied 'relatime,journal_async_commit' as been mentioned earlier in
this thread, and mythtv does seem a bit more responsive - mostly going
between mythwelcome and mythfrontend. maybe placebo though.