[mythtv-users] mythconverg_backup.pl choking on mythweather tables

Mark Boyum circushair at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 22:27:08 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 10/10/2011 12:30 PM, Mark Boyum wrote:

>>> Thanks,
>>> I'll look into Sunday night after the weekend activities are all settled.
>> Looks like InnoDB is active.

>> I'll have to figure out how to remove 'mythconverg.mythconverg.weatherscreens'.
>>

> Try the instructions in the above-linked post.  If it really has a
> borked name, add the extra mythconverg in the table names in the
> command.  That command will work properly whether InnoDB is enabled or not.
>
> Also, make sure you move database data using a proper backup/restore
> approach, rather than copying raw, binary data files.  Perhaps someone
> just moved the weather tables into a subdirectory of mythconverg called
> mythconverg because of an improper move/"restore" procedure (using
> binary data files)?
>
> Mike

It was the borked name that was throwing off both the backup script
and the little shell script from the linked post.  Turns out that if
you add back-ticks around the table name,
`mythconverg.weatherscreens`, that it can then be dropped.

Once that table was gone the mythconverg_backup.pl script completed
successfully.

Thanks for the help, spot on as usual.
-Mark