[mythtv-users] A few general questions about VDPAU setup.

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 04:58:57 UTC 2011

>> What does this information mean ?    What am I supposed to set ?
>
> Choose a vdpau profile and ignore the rest. start with slim and work
> your way up until it stops working smoothly.

So the profile that I select in that list is the one that it will run with ?

How do I know how many CPUs to select ?

>> 4) How do I know a) when VDPAU is working and b) what mode its running
>> in when I'm running Myth in full screen ? (Which is where its going to
>> take the most performance to display the content)
>
> You read the logs, try ssh in and watch the log with tail -f

Exactly which logs should I be watching ?

>> 5) What part does the Xorg.conf file play in all this ?
>
> There are a few things to make sure you have set for vdpau to work,
> they are set out in the howto.

By howto, do you mean the wiki entry or is there another document I am
supposed to be looking at.

Is it necessary to install vdpau-video-freeworld ?

Would anyone care to share their xorg.conf file ?

My current symptoms are that the front end can't keep up even with a
simple avi file, ie the video runs way too slow.  Mythfrontend hangs
when I try to leave the video player.

This machine has 2GB of RAM, installed into one of the two sockets.

Any ideas ?