[mythtv-users] Status of mythfrontend on (gulp!) Windows ?

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 14:34:11 UTC 2011

On 10 October 2011 18:10, linux guy <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So... my wife saw me running a mythtv frontend session on my laptop while I
> was working on other things.  She now wants to do the same on her Windows
> laptop.

I recently cross compiled current to windows.

However I do get horrible black artifacts during playback. I had a
similar issue when compiling current a few months ago on a windows VM.

However, I've not had any time to do any investigations, so it could
well be a dodgy codec on my win box or similar

> Is there a way to do this ?

I can't remember where I found the instructions to cross compile, but
it wasn't tooooo difficult. Just involved having the right packages. I
found cross compiling from my current linux box easier than setting up
the build in  a windows VM for what it's worth.

Just tried to remote boot the frontend, but I appear to be having
network issues so I can't confirm specifics.

Cheers,

Ian