[mythtv-users] OK. Which Video Capture Card is the best.

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Oct 11 16:31:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Keith Vance <keith at take88.com> wrote:
> The digital channels work OK, but the program guide is not as detailed and several channels I get on my TV don't show up on mythtv. Oh well, it appears the people are really losing the fight over fair use in a big way.

MythTV should be able to get anything your TV can get.  This isn't a
DRM issue.  It might be a signal strength issue caused by a faulty
splitter or cable causing signal problems with some channels on some
tuners.

For Comcast users, I do recommend the HDHR Prime if you subscribe to
anything beyond the most basic channels, and I still recommend it even
for the basic channels since it greatly simplifies the process of
setting up mythTV and maintaining a proper channel mapping.  It does
cost a bit more, but it's definitely worth it for me.

Eric