[mythtv-users] Secrets for low powered front ends ?

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:51:01 UTC 2011

On 11 October 2011 23:53, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 10/11/2011 17:37, Richard Morton wrote:
> >
> > Don't forget that the people that know (the devs) don't recommend
> > ion/nvidia/vdpau systems because they are very codec/encoding
> > dependant. With that said I have a early dualcore atom
> >

> We absolutely do recommend nVidia hardware, and we don't try to dissuade
> people from VDPAU.  What we are recommending against is people buying
> ION systems, thinking hardware decoding is the end-all solution to
> everything, without knowing its potentially severe limitations.
>

> what about the AMD Fusion, with nvidia GPU?
also, when the onslaught of hardware video decoding on all gpu's now (ATI,
nvidia, intel), what would be the platform of choice with myth0.25 (i'm on
the understanding 0.25 brings ati/intel decoding support), and why?
i'm sure people will say VDPAU as it's more mature, but is VDPAU the better
option, or is it all much of a muchness?