[mythtv-users] Secrets for low powered front ends ?

Andy Burns mythtv.lists at burns.me.uk
Wed Oct 12 14:46:24 UTC 2011

On 12 October 2011 15:29, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

>  I'd love to be able to take a i3/i5 mini-itx board and shove it into an
> ultra low profile Antec case. I just don't think it's going to do the job.

Why not?  My core2 duo 2.66GHz with intel G35 graphics can keep up*
with 1080i  (even de-interlacing to 1080p) this is a dedicated
frontend.

So I'd  hope an i3 with HD2000/HD3000 grapihs could keep up, with or
without VAAPI

In fact I've been considering shuffling motherboards around and getting
an ASUS P8H67-I with i3 2105 for my frontend.

* small print: ... sometimes only just.
** even smaller print .... I'm an nVidia refusenik