[mythtv-users] SD Channel Picked Over HD

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Oct 12 16:01:43 UTC 2011

On 10/12/2011 8:54 AM, Tim Draper wrote:
> Jim, in the case of UK listings, there can be a difference in SD/HD content.
> for example in the UK, channel4 have identical SD and HD channel
> broadcast. however, some of the older simpsons episodes will display in
> 4:3 ratio on the HD channel. channel4 dont seem to scale the image, so
> the SD channel would be favourable.

That's a good point. It applies here in the US too. We keep a few
episodes of the Simpsons around as entertainment filler. Of course, the
recent seasons are in HD. But the many, many older seasons are in 4:3
SD. I've been just recording everything on the HD channel. If I could,
I'd prefer to record the older episodes on the SD channel and save a bit
of storage space. Is there any way in 0.24.1 to do this?