[mythtv-users] SD Channel Picked Over HD

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Oct 12 16:59:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 09:35:20AM -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> On 10/12/2011 9:28 AM, David Engel wrote:
> > If you want to do that for all programs on some channels, set your SD
> > channels at 0, your HD channels at -1 and set the HD priority at 2.
> > If you only want to do that for some programs, you'll need to use
> > custom priorities.
>
> I suspect what I'm asking is too complex. Especially given that Simpsons
> reruns play on several channels. What I was envisioning was if
> program.hdtv <= 0, then record on SD channel. If program.hdtv > 0, then
> record on HD channel. I think the problem is that Myth doesn't
> distinguish between SD and HD *channels*.

It's not too complex.  The priority mechanism was intentionally made
flexible (though some would argue complicated) to handle many
different use cases.  No, MythTV doesn't have SD and HD channels, but
you can essentially tell it that via the priorities (input, channel or
custom).

David
--
David Engel