[mythtv-users] SD Channel Picked Over HD

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Oct 12 17:12:08 UTC 2011

On 10/12/2011 10:04 AM, David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 09:21:00AM -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:

>>> Specifically, HD is denoted by "program.hdtv>   0" and SD by
>>> "program.hdtv<= 0".  As always, the scheduling capability is only as
>>> good as your guide data.
>>>
>>> David
>>
>> And Schedules Direct's upstream source is pretty messy. I wish they'd
>> upload football (American) scheduling info more than one day in advance.
>
> They do.  It's just that the default MythTV behavior is to initially
> download the guide data for a given day two weeks in advance and then
> update the day before.  You're free to make MythTV update the guide
> data for a given day more often.
>
> David

??

I run mythfilldatabase once a day. Updating is not an issue. What I am
referring to is the local games scheduling. There are one or two slots
for games that they don't fill with actual game info until the day
before. It's not a Myth issue. It's the network deciding what non-local
games will get the best play in a particular market. I think they decide
that at the last moment. Probably by watching Sports Center.