[mythtv-users] Status of mythfrontend on (gulp!) Windows ?

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 14:26:37 UTC 2011

On 11 October 2011 17:02, Eric Smith <erictsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Ian Clark <mrrooster at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> You may want to have a read through
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/491689.  Lawrence
> maintains a build script that can be used to cross compile from linux.
>  I try to stay pretty current with trunk and have been using this for
> a few weeks now and have found it very easy and functional from a
> build perspective.  From a stability prospective there are definitely
> still a few issues.  I also had the severe black artifacts during
> playback.  Adding in DXVA2 support clears that up (but at least on
> some chipsets) causes the frontend to crash when exiting playback.

Ah now this is interesting, I will try that next week when I'm closer
to the machine.

Having a windows frontend would be quite nice, I use uPnP via XBMC
generally, but it can be a bit of a pain. (Especially if you're
watching something being recorded.)

If anyone wants me to put the builds somewhere to download I can
probably manage that too.

Cheers,

Ian