[mythtv-users] SD Channel Picked Over HD

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:44:44 UTC 2011

On 13 October 2011 16:25, Mark Boyum <circushair at boyum.us> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Mike Perkins
> <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> the
> bit
> General
> the
> >>
> >> Oh, and I'll say this actually applies to all of the mythfilldatabase
> >> settings.  You can configure mythfilldatabase using mythtv-setup on any
> >> host on your network--you don't have to run it on the master backend
> >> (nor on any backend host).  All it takes is installing mythtv-setup on a
> >> system, which (along with mythbackend) is probably on the order of a
> >> couple 10s of megabytes of hard drive space, max.
> >>
> > I understood that if you ran mythtv-setup on a host with a backend, then
> it
> > would configure for that backend -- not necessarily for the master. Is
> there
> > some host option that should be used in the case you describe?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Mike Perkins
>
> As I recall mythtv-setup pretty clearly display whether the screen you
> are currently on applies to the local backend or globally to all
> backends.  Though I'm not in front of a machine now to verify.
> -Mark

doesn't mythweb have general recording priority settings?
i know there are some settings (BE or FE, or both?) that can be done via
mythweb, and you can select the device you wish to apply the changes on.

i dont have access to mythweb right now, so unable to get more details, but
it might be possible todo it via webgui than to login in and use
mythtv-setup.
just a thought :)