[mythtv-users] AMD and VA-API status

Govindarajan govind.rajan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 21:12:45 UTC 2011

Yes, I did look at the xvba-video page, however, I was trying to get a
first hand account from someone who has used fglrx/xvba-video vaapi
implementation in the upcoming mythtv 0.25 release. I bought the llano
apu as it was an attractive package in that I can do away with one
extra add-on card and keep the number of fans to a minimum.

Anyways I will wait for xvba/vaapi to mature a bit and until then I
will add in the nvidia gt-240 I got off craigslist today.

Cheers,
Govind