[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime Success Update

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Oct 14 12:10:28 UTC 2011

How long have you had your HDHR Prime working? I'm using a Ceton card
and I have have WOW instead of comcast, but I originally had an issue
where everything worked perfectly for exactly 30 days after I
activated my cablecard, and then all my channels (except the clear QAM
ones) started reporting that I wasn't subscribed. The way cablecards
work is that they are supposed to periodically receive an update
called an EMM from the cable company indicating which channels you are
subscribed to. The EMM has a set timeout period, and if another EMM
update isn't received by then, you lose all of your subscribed
channels. In my case, it turned out that the cable company chose 30
days as their timeout, and somehow I never received the EMM update.
I'm wondering if the same thing happened in your case.

---
Ron Frazier