[mythtv-users] ZFS anyone? Need to move off ZFS Myth machine and not sure what to do..

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 14:50:20 UTC 2011

I was able to build and package zfs pretty easily. I'm not sure what
the DKMS package does on Ubuntu since the build process did not seem
to require kernel-devel. It does have a package called "zfs-dracut"
which makes the initrd zfs aware. It also installs a sysv init script.
I searched around for a systemd unit file but that appears to still be
a work in progress.

These packages are for Fedora 15 x86_64 so let me know if you need a
different release.

http://hobbes1069.fedorapeople.org/zfs/

I have never used zfs before so if something breaks you get to keep
the pieces! I'm not sure what the spl utility is for but per the
zfsonlinux page, it needs to be installed.

Richard