[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime Success Update

Don Lewis dl-mythtv at catspoiler.org
Fri Oct 14 16:38:52 UTC 2011

On 14 Oct, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> What was suspicious was that I had turned in a cable box that same day.
> I thought they had gotten serial numbers mixed up. But the CableCard was
> still showing activated.

I had the same thing happen to me.  Before I got my Prime, I had two
STBs.  A couple of weeks after I got the Prime up and running with the
CableCard, I finally got around to returning on of the STBs while I was
running some errands at lunch time.  When I turned in the box, the
customer service rep asked me to confirm that I still had another STB,
and I replied that I did as well as a CableCard.  She spent a lot of
time furiously typing on her computer to enter the data for the STB that
I was returning as well as who knows what else.  Recordings started
failing shortly thereafter, which I noticed late in the afternoon.  The
web interface on the Prime showed the channels as not being subscribed.
The CableCard status showed that it was still paired and activated.
I called Comcast and described the problem.  I had to repeat several
times that the error being reported was that the channels were not
subscribed.  The tech put me on hold for a minute and by the time he got
back to me the problem was fixed.