[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 16:43:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 15:19, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Many of us have had poor experiences with Comcast customer service in
> the past, but I think it's important to recognize when they do right--
> and a lot of people's experience with the copy protection stuff, and
> getting it set right with immediate and definitive action, is
> definitely a big "plus" for them for me.

I agree.  While there are edge cases (and edge technicians), my
recent interactions with Comcast have been very positive.  While
I got some grief on this list a few months ago calling Comcast
"enlightened" regarding their copy protection, they are doing it
as right as I can expect (yes, I too would like the premiums to
be copy-freely(*), but I also understand that the content providers
do not always agree, and you cannot blame Comcast for that).
Hats off to Comcast.

Gary

(*) Full Disclosure, I actually do not subscribe to premiums,
but in principal I want them to be copy-freely too.