[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Fri Oct 14 16:59:38 UTC 2011

On 10/14/2011 9:43 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 15:19, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Many of us have had poor experiences with Comcast customer service in
>> the past, but I think it's important to recognize when they do right--
>> and a lot of people's experience with the copy protection stuff, and
>> getting it set right with immediate and definitive action, is
>> definitely a big "plus" for them for me.
>
> I agree.  While there are edge cases (and edge technicians), my
> recent interactions with Comcast have been very positive.  While
> I got some grief on this list a few months ago calling Comcast
> "enlightened" regarding their copy protection, they are doing it
> as right as I can expect (yes, I too would like the premiums to
> be copy-freely(*), but I also understand that the content providers
> do not always agree, and you cannot blame Comcast for that).
> Hats off to Comcast.
>
> Gary
>
> (*) Full Disclosure, I actually do not subscribe to premiums,
> but in principal I want them to be copy-freely too.

I'll throw in with Gary's camp here. I'm pretty happy with this
experience so far. With the small caveat of needging to use that phone
number on the CableCard. I started last night with the main Comcast
number, got stuck and frustrated in robot hell and then remembered that
number which got me right through to a live technician.

I, too, am not doing any premium services. If I were, I'd leave my
HD-PVR configured for those services.