[mythtv-users] AMD and VA-API status

Govindarajan govind.rajan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 17:55:16 UTC 2011

I did try the guide just before posting on this list. Followed the
guide but got a blank screen and a high pitched noise as output. I
could give it a try once more but the key issue is that the custom
player would only work with video files and not TV. So the solution
still is only 50% of what I would like. I have decided to wait until
vaapi is stable. I have slapped a nvidia card in the system and it is
now working great. But the noise and power consumption has gone up,
which is what I wanted to avoid in the first place.

-G