[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 11.10 Upgrade

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 14 18:41:26 UTC 2011

Small note, Mythbuntu 11.10 is out and I am doing the upgrade on my two MythTV boxes (a living room backend/frontend box and a bedroom frontend only box). Bottom line, issues on boxes....

On both boxes, issues getting X to start. After rebooting I can do a <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<F4> log in to a BASH prompt type "startx" and all is well there, but that is not being handled properly automatically.

On the frontend only box, there are audio issues (read, no audio) and image quality problems with HD recordings.

I'll post more as I get to the bottom of this.

Colin McGregor