[mythtv-users] Mythpreviewgen

Taylor Ralph taylor.ralph at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 23:20:52 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks John, I try your script and the stop is more little than other times:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> ionice -c3 nice mythpreviewgen.real "$@"
>
> Then I try to comment all the code (so there is no mythpreviewgen.ral
> execution):
>
> #!/bin/bash
> #ionice -c3 nice mythpreviewgen.real "$@"
>
> And the little stop continue, so I am thinking that mythpreviegen is
> not my problem. I know that on program change there are lot of thing
> happening as archive the livetv record with different name...
>
> Would be a mysql issue?

If you are running ext4 on the backend you can try disabling barriers.

On the the frontend I assume you are using VDPAU. In the case of VDPAU
you can provide more video buffers by setting vdpaubuffersize=32 in
the filter section of the video profile.  This will help the frontend
handle longer periods of no data transfer.

One more thing to check is to make sure you are not running "VDPAU
Advanced" playback profile since the ION can not handle Advanced 2X
deinterlacing for HD material. You should run "VDPAU Normal".

And make sure you are running the very latest code since an audio fix
was recently committed that could trigger playback glitches.

Regards.
--
Taylor