[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 04:30:32 UTC 2011

I'll throw in with Gary's camp here. I'm pretty happy with this
> experience so far. With the small caveat of needging to use that phone
> number on the CableCard. I started last night with the main Comcast
> number, got stuck and frustrated in robot hell and then remembered that
> number which got me right through to a live technician.
>
> I, too, am not doing any premium services. If I were, I'd leave my
> HD-PVR configured for those services.

Well, a quick email to the we_can_help address, and a few hours later, they
got back w/ me and sent an init code. I asked if it was going to be a Grand
Slam init, and he mumbled "yeah". I don't think he really knew, but so far,
the fast majority of my channels have flipped to copy-free.

The LOVE, MYST, DRAMA, IPLEX, RPLEX (and a few other) channels are still
one-copy, but it appears they ought to be.

It turns out that I didn't need to have a list of what should be open, as
Comcast has nearly everything 'copy free' in my area (so far.. knock on
wood).

Thanks again for the help.

--Phill W.