[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 11.10 Upgrade

David Edwards david at more.fool.me.uk
Sat Oct 15 08:47:12 UTC 2011

I've upgraded a couple of standard Ubuntu desktops from 11.04 to 11.10 and
had my usual round of problems. Working now, but I'd have had to do a
complete re-install by now if I wasn't up for hacking in the rescue
console...

At the same time, I've done a fresh install of Mythbuntu 11.10 on a new SSD
for my Atom/ION frontend (I decided to move from netboot to SSD), and
was pleasantly surprised. So far it's working pretty well; audio was fine
once I remembered to turn on the S/PDIF output, and VPDAU decoding on HD
content seems to be working perfectly without having touched xorg.conf at
all.

I just need to get my remote working nicely now (key repeats are too fast
and some buttons not working for MythTV) and install my RS232 scripts to
control my amp and TV, and then I'm done. I hope...

David