[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 15:20:57 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> Init signals have to do with your CableCard while CCI codes are
> generated at the head-end of the cable system. So the two are unrelated,
> other than maybe the tech changed the CCI codes and then reset your card
> to reload the channel list.
>
> Anyway, it's working and another +1 to Comcast. Who'd-a thunk? I'm gonna
> get all misty-eyed here.

Yeah,  this is definitely not my area of expertise.  From what the Tech
said, my card needed to be told to re-download the channel info (thus, the
init code). He surmised there was originally some sort of issue during a
channel scan (he wasn't very verbose on this point), and having the card
re-pull the channel info would clear it up.

Whether there was a man behind the curtain changing CCI values, I can't say.
=)

--Phill W.