[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime Scripting

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 01:29:02 UTC 2011

If I remember correctly they are ATI hd wonder cards.  Yes, I do have
to maintain the channels, but that isn't too hard, since there are
relatively few, and they don't change often.  I originally set it up
susing scte65scan, but that didn't have the HD channels, so I had to
find them from the regular hdhomerun_config scan, and add them by
hand.

The problem was harder back before the Comcast Digital transition,
since there was no scte65scan, and I was able to record a lot of the
standard def non-premium channels on clear qam.  After the transition,
I lost pretty much everything but the locals on clear qam.

Since the transition, I think I had a few changes in the first few
months, a change several months later, and then a month or two ago, I
had changes on 3 consecutive days (basically they changed the
frequencies for some of the locals, but not the sub-channels).

If you develop something to handle this, it would be nice.  What I
would really like is something that I could run in a cron job that
would warn me that there was a lineup change that affected the
channels that I have in clear qam.  If it also spit out some sql to
fix the issue, or a table of things that needed to be changed by hand,
that would be a bonus.

I thought about playing around with this, but I think a generic
solution has some issues, at least for me.  Some of them that I had
thought a little about:

1.  The data coming out of hdhomerun_config gives the frequency, and
also a channel in the us-cable:xxx format, how does this map to
mplexid in the database?  How do you make the table the scte65scan
does to map the frequencies to the mplex?  It seems that this is
coming from the scte information that scte65scan gets from the signal.

2. What are the required fields in the database for tuning, and what
needs to match for recordings between tuner types to work correctly?
Is it only the xmltvid? Do you need the callsign to match?

I think there were a few more, but that was a start of the issues that
I was thinking of.

Bill