[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime Scripting

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sun Oct 16 04:08:54 UTC 2011

On 10/15/2011 6:29 PM, Ozzy Lash wrote:
> 2. What are the required fields in the database for tuning, and what
> needs to match for recordings between tuner types to work correctly?
> Is it only the xmltvid? Do you need the callsign to match?
>
> I think there were a few more, but that was a start of the issues that
> I was thinking of.

It's actually really straightforward. I already have the script working
and will share it here. I plan on running it nightly. Should save me
some broken recordings in the future.

The only feature it doesn't have at the moment is to automatically add
records to dtv_multiplex if frequencies are missing. That is, if a
virtual channel moves to a physical channel you've never used before,
you'll have to manually add the dtv_multiplex record before my script
will work.

I suppose I could just have the script copy another record from the same
sourceid and just change the frequency field. That's what I've done on
my system and it works. There is a *whole* lot of stuff in there that I
have no idea what it does.

Could one of the Myth wizards here give me a little guidance on
dtv_multiplex? Is copying an existing record safe?