[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime Scripting

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 05:04:33 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 11:08 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> On 10/15/2011 6:29 PM, Ozzy Lash wrote:
>> 2. What are the required fields in the database for tuning, and what
>> needs to match for recordings between tuner types to work correctly?
>> Is it only the xmltvid? Do you need the callsign to match?
>>
>> I think there were a few more, but that was a start of the issues that
>> I was thinking of.
>
> It's actually really straightforward. I already have the script working
> and will share it here. I plan on running it nightly. Should save me
> some broken recordings in the future.
>
> The only feature it doesn't have at the moment is to automatically add
> records to dtv_multiplex if frequencies are missing. That is, if a
> virtual channel moves to a physical channel you've never used before,
> you'll have to manually add the dtv_multiplex record before my script
> will work.
>
> I suppose I could just have the script copy another record from the same
> sourceid and just change the frequency field. That's what I've done on
> my system and it works. There is a *whole* lot of stuff in there that I
> have no idea what it does.
>
> Could one of the Myth wizards here give me a little guidance on
> dtv_multiplex? Is copying an existing record safe?

Looking at the source to scte65scan, all it seems to do is the following:

      printf("INSERT INTO dtv_multiplex SET
sistandard='atsc',mplexid=%d,frequency=%d,modulation='qam_256',sourceid=%d;\n",
i, cds->cd[i], outfmt->myth_srcid);

So it seems it leaves everything but the above fields at their
default, sets the sistandard to atsc, the modulation to qam_256.

If that is the case, you could probably fill in the table for all
frequencies that hdhomerun_config scans, even if there are no channels
on them. So for example, on my hdhomerun, I get:

SCANNING: 999000000 (us-irc:158, us-cable:158)
LOCK: none (ss=33 snq=0 seq=0)
SCANNING: 997750000 (us-hrc:158)
LOCK: none (ss=33 snq=0 seq=0)
SCANNING: 993000000 (us-irc:157, us-cable:157)
.
.
.
SCANNING: 753000000 (us-irc:117, us-cable:117)
LOCK: qam256 (ss=97 snq=90 seq=100)
TSID: 0x8211
PROGRAM 2: 32.1 WFLD DT
PROGRAM 5: 5.1 WMAQ_5-
PROGRAM 6: 5.2 WMAQ 5-
PROGRAM 7: 5.3 WMAQ5-U

So even though there is nothing on multiplexes above 117, you could
still fill in those frequencies.

However, I am not sure that every cable system is that simple.  I
think I have heard of some that use qam256 on some frequencies, and
qam64 on others.  If that were the case, you would probably want to
update the table with the modulation detected on the scan.

Bill