[mythtv-users] Status of mythfrontend on (gulp!) Windows ?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Mon Oct 17 05:21:51 UTC 2011

On 14 October 2011 00:26, Ian Clark <mrrooster at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 October 2011 17:02, Eric Smith <erictsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Ian Clark <mrrooster at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > You may want to have a read through
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/491689.  Lawrence
> > maintains a build script that can be used to cross compile from linux.
> >  I try to stay pretty current with trunk and have been using this for
> > a few weeks now and have found it very easy and functional from a
> > build perspective.  From a stability prospective there are definitely
> > still a few issues.  I also had the severe black artifacts during
> > playback.  Adding in DXVA2 support clears that up (but at least on
> > some chipsets) causes the frontend to crash when exiting playback.
>
> Ah now this is interesting, I will try that next week when I'm closer
> to the machine.
>
> Having a windows frontend would be quite nice, I use uPnP via XBMC
> generally, but it can be a bit of a pain. (Especially if you're
> watching something being recorded.)
>
> If anyone wants me to put the builds somewhere to download I can
> probably manage that too.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian

Apart from the random stability issues, this is the only show stopper for
running mythtv on windows.

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9819

I cant say I'd want to run this in a live environment WAF would be terrible
but it is useful for random program editing and the odd show watching from
bed :)

Cheers,

Anthony