[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime Scripting
t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Oct 17 18:07:37 UTC 2011
On 10/16/2011 10:12 PM, Ozzy Lash wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Ozzy Lash<ozzy.lash at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Kirk Bocek<t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>>> Here's my first shot at the script. I'm sending it to the list as an
>>> attachment. Not sure if it's going to get scrubbed or not. Let me know what
>>> you think. I'd love some feedback.
>> I tried it out, although I commented out the UPDATE to the database.
>> (Good thing too, as I hadn't put the correct sourceid in, and it would
>> have updated the wrong source). It might be good to put in a flag to
>> turn off writing to the database.
>> It also seems to me that you could get the channels from the database
>> by using a "select channum from channel where sourceid=X" where X is
>> the sourceid to be updated. (That is how I got my channel list).
>> It did point up a few channels that I have wrong. Some of them would
>> be fixed by the update from the script. I did find a few where I have
>> multiple entries for the same channum which I need to fix.
>> I'll play around with it some more, and see if I have any other suggestions.
> Ok, one thing that I notice is that I have a few channels that are
> available at 2 different virtual channels. I have them in my clear qam
> lineups at one channel number, but it seems the one liste by
> streaminfo is a different one.
> It seems that the script doesn't deal with this too well (it seems to
> take the highest programid and use that)
> Here is a sample from doing this by hand:
> lash at mythbackend:~/Downloads$ hdhomerun_config 192.168.11.3 set
> /tuner2/vchannel 223
> lash at mythbackend:~/Downloads$ hdhomerun_config 192.168.11.3 get /tuner2/program
> lash at mythbackend:~/Downloads$ hdhomerun_config 192.168.11.3 get
> 1: 183 WCIU HD
> 2: 184 WPWR HD
> 3: 357 WWME-TV
> 4: 360 U Too
> 5: 358 Me Too
> 6: 359 This TV
> So it seems that channel 223 is marked as 357 (and, if I look at my
> lineup, they are the same channel) But if I look at the debug output
> for your script I see:
> Channel 223:
> Freq is 711000000, mplexid 110
> ProgID = 6, Call Sign This TV
> For Source 1, mplexid is 110 ProgID is 3
> Channel 223 updated to mplexid 110, service 6
> I should move the channel, but I think the script should at least
> throw a warning that it didn't find the channel number in the
First off, is it Bill or Ozzy?
Next, I missed the use of /tuner2/program to directly get the program id
number. My complex parsing of /tuner2/streaminfo is gone. This will
avoid the issue you saw with multiple channels.
I added a $writeswitch variable. You shouldn't trust me. No one should.
I added more error checking and error messages.
I *really* want to add the code to add missing frequencies to
dtv_multiplex. If no one responds to my posts, I'm going to go ahead and
put it in anyway. Let's assume the code you discovered in scte65scan is
okay. There are actually a few more fields I see in my dtv_multiplex
that are different from the defaults defined in the table. I'd really
like to know if they are important.
Let me know how this version works for you.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users