[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime Scripting

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 21:07:10 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> On 10/16/2011 10:12 PM, Ozzy Lash wrote:

>>> I tried it out, although I commented out the UPDATE to the database.
>>> (Good thing too, as I hadn't put the correct sourceid in, and it would
>>> have updated the wrong source). It might be good to put in a flag to
>>> turn off writing to the database.
>>>
>>> It also seems to me that you could get the channels from the database
>>> by using a "select channum from channel where sourceid=X" where X is
>>> the sourceid to be updated. (That is how I got my channel list).
>>>
>>> It did point up a few channels that I have wrong.  Some of them would
>>> be fixed by the update from the script.  I did find a few where I have
>>> multiple entries for the same channum which I need to fix.
>>>
>>> I'll play around with it some more, and see if I have any other
>>> suggestions.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Bill
>>>

>> Ok, one thing that I notice is that I have a few channels that are
>> available at 2 different virtual channels. I have them in my clear qam
>> lineups at one channel number, but it seems the one liste by
>> streaminfo is a different one.
>>
>> It seems that the script doesn't deal with this too well (it seems to
>> take the highest programid and use that)
>>
>> Here is a sample from doing this by hand:
>>
>> lash at mythbackend:~/Downloads$ hdhomerun_config 192.168.11.3 set
>> /tuner2/vchannel 223
>> lash at mythbackend:~/Downloads$ hdhomerun_config 192.168.11.3 get
>> /tuner2/program
>> 3
>> lash at mythbackend:~/Downloads$ hdhomerun_config 192.168.11.3 get
>> /tuner2/streaminfo
>> 1: 183 WCIU HD
>> 2: 184 WPWR HD
>> 3: 357 WWME-TV
>> 4: 360 U Too
>> 5: 358 Me Too
>> 6: 359 This TV
>> control
>> tsid=0x434
>>
>> So it seems that channel 223 is marked as 357 (and,  if I look at my
>> lineup, they are the same channel) But if I look at the debug output
>> for your script I see:
>>
>> Channel 223:
>> Freq is 711000000, mplexid 110
>> ProgID = 6, Call Sign This TV
>> For Source 1, mplexid is 110 ProgID is 3
>> Channel 223 updated to mplexid 110, service 6
>>
>> I should move the channel, but I think the script should at least
>> throw a warning that it didn't find the channel number in the
>> streaminfo.
>>
>> Bill
>
> First off, is it Bill or Ozzy?
>
> Next, I missed the use of /tuner2/program to directly get the program id
> number. My complex parsing of /tuner2/streaminfo is gone. This will avoid
> the issue you saw with multiple channels.
>
> I added a $writeswitch variable. You shouldn't trust me. No one should.
>
> I added more error checking and error messages.
>
> I *really* want to add the code to add missing frequencies to dtv_multiplex.
> [...]

It's Bill.  Ozzy was my cat, and I use his e-mail address for mailing
lists.  Sorry for any confusion.

I'll give the new script a try later this evening.

I should probably change my channels to match the channels in the
streaminfo anyway.  I am sure that some day, they are going to put
something different on those channels.  I think some of my duplicate
channum  issues are probably due to that.

Thanks for working on this.

Bill