[mythtv-users] pvr-150 "video frame buffering failed too many

Andy Summerskill andysummerskill at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 21:55:15 UTC 2011

> Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 10:25:03 -0500
> From: John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] pvr-150 "video frame buffering failed too many
> 	times" when changing channels
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
> I have had this problem for awhile now but just never cared to much
> about it but now my wife wants to watch some live tv so I need to try to
> get it resolved.
>
> I can change channels fine with my HDPVR and HDHR but with the PVR-150 I
> can display the channel it is initially on but when I change channels I
> get the error  "video frame buffering failed too many times" but when I
> changed.  IVTV has been in the kernel for awhile now so I may not be
> setting things up correctly even though I have tried to follow the
> wiki.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

I, too, will be interested in a resolution to this problem as I am having a similar issue myself.

My set up is two pvr-150 cards. Sometimes when I try to change channels I just get a blank, black screen and mythfrontend freezes up completely (doesn't happen every time, though - probably about every third time). Even the 'stop unresponsive program' utility doesn't close mythfrontend properly, because if I then try to reboot I get the 'shutdown error' message due to mythfrontend still running! If I click the 'shutdown anyway' option and reboot, then restart mythfrontend and choose 'Live TV' I then get the "video frame buffering failed too many times" error.

The only way to clear the problem is to stop then restart the backend.

Glad to here that you don't have the problem with HDHR as I am planning on getting one of those in anticipation of our analogue service being turned off next year.