[mythtv-users] pvr-150 "video frame buffering failed too many

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Oct 18 14:05:21 UTC 2011

On 11-10-17 05:55 PM, Andy Summerskill wrote:
..
> My set up is two pvr-150 cards. Sometimes when I try to change channels I just get a blank, black screen and mythfrontend freezes up completely (doesn't happen every time, though - probably about every third time). Even the 'stop unresponsive program' utility doesn't close mythfrontend properly, because if I then try to reboot I get the 'shutdown error' message due to mythfrontend still running! If I click the 'shutdown anyway' option and reboot, then restart mythfrontend and choose 'Live TV' I then get the "video frame buffering failed too many times" error.

I've had that problem with various analog capture cards,
and it got worse when I updated from 0.22 to 0.23 and then 0.24(.1).

The PVR-250 card here was the only analog capture card that still worked in the end.
Now all over-the-air here (Ottawa, Canada) is digital, so no more analog for me. :)

Anyone need an NTSC PVR-250?

> Glad to here that you don't have the problem with HDHR as I am planning on getting one of those in anticipation of our analogue service being turned off next year.

Nothing special about the HDHR -- the channel change bug seems to be only for
analog capture devices,
not digital (DVB or HDHR) stuff.

Cheers