[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR250 remote -- Some success...but

James MacKenzie mst3000 at newsguy.com
Tue Oct 18 14:55:23 UTC 2011

At Sun,  9 Oct 2011 12:06:33 -0400 (EDT), you wrote
>On 11-10-07 12:14 PM, James MacKenzie wrote:
>..
>> One little issue I had was that sometimes one button press spawns multiple
>> events...especially on my Harmony 1100.  I can get away with using the
>>original Hauppauge remote, that's not a problem, but even that sometimes does
>> multiple events for one quick button press.  I've tried messing with the
>>ir-keytable period value but no matter what I change it to, it doesn't seem to
>> make any difference.  I think that's one way that LIRC is better than
>> ir-kbd-i2c, in that you can specify a 'repeat' value to ignore.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>..
>
>Repeat is broken in the in-kernel driver for this.
>I solve it here by patching the b0rked driver:
>
>(patch also available from: rtr.ca/mythtv_patches/00_kernel_ir_kbd_i2c.patch )

I grabbed the kernel source, implemented this patch, rebuilt everything and
put the updated module in place.  After loading it, it seems to be a LITTLE
bit better than the original, but not much.  I still get a lot of repeated
button presses.

It's so annoying.  :(

----