[mythtv-users] Airplay Support?

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 18 16:34:00 UTC 2011

On 18/10/2011 16:17, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On 18 October 2011 04:04, Anthony Giggins<seven at seven.dorksville.net>  wrote:
>> The protocol has been reverse engineered for some time now and is in XBMC
>>
>> http://blog.technologeek.org/airtunes-v2
>>
>> and there is also python wrapper script
>>
>> https://github.com/PascalW/Airplayer
>>
>> has anyone looked any further into adding this into mythtv?
>>
>> if not I may look into writing a backend script for the python airplayer
>
> I'm not aware of anyone working on this.
>
> Out of interest, what functionality are you looking to implement?
> MythTV as a sender (from the backend) or receiver (in the frontend).
> Presumably the latter...
>
> regards
>
> Mark

I looked around a while back when airplay came out and found the audio
streamer had been reverse engineered, but found no mention of video.
Looking at that first link it seems to focus on audio, but the python
link seems to say video but no audio :-?  Confusing.

I'd love to be able to find a youtube video on my ipod and then use
airplay to play it via mythfrontend on my tv.  That would be neat.

But I guess the other way round would be pretty good too; Watching
something in the living room on Myth and I can just switch it to playing
on the ipod, and wander off into another room to do something else for a
few minutes, then come back into the living room and switch back to the
TV.  Somehow that sounds more difficult though because presumably you'd
have to transcode the video into a format the i-device understands...

Good luck if you decide to try to implement either of these - both would
be nice features.

Robert.