[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR250 remote -- Some success...but

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Oct 18 16:59:05 UTC 2011

On 11-10-18 10:55 AM, James MacKenzie wrote:
> At Sun,  9 Oct 2011 12:06:33 -0400 (EDT), you wrote
..
>> Repeat is broken in the in-kernel driver for this.
>> I solve it here by patching the b0rked driver:
>>
>> (patch also available from: rtr.ca/mythtv_patches/00_kernel_ir_kbd_i2c.patch )
>
> I grabbed the kernel source, implemented this patch, rebuilt everything and
> put the updated module in place.  After loading it, it seems to be a LITTLE
> bit better than the original, but not much.  I still get a lot of repeated
> button presses.
>
> It's so annoying.  :(

Mmm.. something's not right then.  It should be WAY better
with that patch.  Very noticeably better.

What exact kernel version are you trying it with?
Can you stick a printk() into the code to verify
that it really is running the patched version?

Eg. stick this line just before the "/* allow it */" line
from the patch:

    printk(KERN_INFO "%s: code=0x%x\n", __func__, code);

This is fixable.  :)