[mythtv-users] DLNA server?

Roger Searle roger.searle at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 23:20:16 UTC 2011

19/10/11 11:15, Julius Roberts wrote:
> On 19 October 2011 08:21, Gavin Hurlbut<gjhurlbu at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Or such lovely things as... commercial skipping, playback at
>> accelerated speed, etc. :)
> or watch-lists, or seeking, or recording groups or metadata display,
> fan art.. the list goes on and on.  imho you do need a FE to really
> enjoy what my has to offer.
Is it obvious I'm new to front ends and the numerous possibilities of
MythTV?  I would now like to modify my earlier comment to say that I
will enjoy being able to use the rather limited capability of the TV to
access the BE via DLNA until such time as I build a Front End :)

My very brief play with it this morning did reveal that I can do various
skips forward (short and longer) though it was far from obvious (as in,
had to guess) which buttons on the TV remote should be pressed.  Not
nearly as fun as mythmote on my phone, and yet another reason for a FE.