[mythtv-users] Occasional 376 B recordings from Ceton card

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Oct 19 00:05:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 6:46 PM, Erik Jensen
<eriksjunk at laurelwoodart.com> wrote:
> Is it possible
> that for some reason the card doesn't get the CCI info "soon enough"
> and some part of the pipeline could be timing out? I will try to see
> what happens if I try to record from a CCI protected channel.

I actually had a ceton card that was having problems with CCI data. It
was indeed timing out when requesting the CCI data from the cablecard.
On a whim, they RMA'd my card and the problem went away. However, I
had added some code to my patch that was detecting that situation and
attempting to retune it. Also, when the problem happened, there was a
corresponding error message in the Ceton's log (accessible through the
web interface).

--
Ron Frazier