[mythtv-users] X-Factor Scheduling Snafu

Roger Horner roger1818 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 15:48:53 UTC 2011

On 10/19/2011 9:59 AM, Jim Morton  wrote:
>On 10/19/2011 9:53 AM, Kris B. wrote:
>>
>> Well, the thing was a half hour longer than scheduled, nothing bumping
>> it.  I think probably changing the command to --dd-grab-all might be the
>> ticket so it overwrites the whole database nightly.  It only takes 2
>> minutes usually to run, so I think that might be the ticket, unless
>> someone thinks that is a bad idea?
>
>From what I've read here, that would be a bad idea only on an
>under-powered BE.

Since --dd-grab-all first deletes all your schedule data, if it starts just before you are about to record a program, wouldn't it cause you to miss the first 2 minutes of your program (assuming it takes 2 minutes to run as Kris B. says) since without schedule data your BE no longer knows to record it?

Roger