[mythtv-users] Audio Sync Issues with HD-PVR.

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Wed Oct 19 19:09:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net> wrote:
>>Oh, another question:  what audio input are you using?  The RCA L/R inputs?  SPDIF?  You may wish to try hooking up to the other audio input and >see if it makes any difference.
>
> That is a very valid suggestion! I'll try that when I can find an appropriate audio cable.

If I had to hazard a guess, if you're using SPDIF then the PCM clock
on the set top box is dropping, and the encoder in the HD-PVR probably
has an issue with clock recovery.

This might be fixed in a newer firmware, although there is a known
issue with the latest firmware that requires a driver fix (and to my
knowledge, nobody has taken up the task of doing it).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com